One nutritional protocol is shown to be highly effective in healing leaky gut and managing symptoms of autoimmune diseases, but people tend to become overwhelmed when presented with such a restrictive diet. The autoimmune protocol, or AIP, is simply an elimination diet that removes foods thought to damage the gut, while adding healing foods to strengthen the immune system.
It can seem overwhelming when starting the AIP protocol, but it’s actually a lot simpler than you may think. Here are some great recipes to get you started:
- Garlic Roasted Pork Shoulder-Pork shoulder is typically a very cheap cut of meat. When cooked “ low and slow,” it is also one of the most tender and delicious meals imaginable. This pork is delicious alongside squash, sweet potatoes, applesauce, baked apples, or fried plantains.
- Strawberry Kale Salad-The dressing can be made in advance but may need to be thawed at room temperature slightly before using depending on how firm your coconut cream is. There are only three other ingredients – strawberries, kale, and avocado – so this salad is an awesomely quick-n-easy side for four or meal for two! (If you are making it a meal, I recommend swapping a cup or two of kale for a bit more protein, like extra bacon or some chopped chicken). Enjoy!
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls-These Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls are perfect for anyone needing a break from their typical breakfast smoothie or bacon and egg routine. While it’s definitely a healthy AIP and gluten free recipe, it also has tons of flavor. The recipe is low carb, AIP & Whole 30 friendly, dairy free, and high in antioxidants. Regardless of the diet you’re following, this breakfast bowl has you covered.
- Balsamic Chicken Veggie Bowl– Combining protein & veggies in a bowl with the perfect amount of seasonings and finishes constitutes for a very delicious meal indeed – without any forethought or planning.
- Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup-This Turmeric Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles is the perfect remedy for a chilly night. Filled with fresh veggies, lean protein and anti-inflammatory turmeric, it’s the perfect meal to cozy up to!
- Chicken Salsa Verde Tacos–You’d never guess that the chicken salsa verde in these tacos is nightshade free. This is the perfect allergy friendly recipe — it’s grain, gluten, nut and egg free — but more importantly, it packs a punch of flavor. Taco night is back!
Thanks for checking out my blog about AIP recipes! Please let me know if you try any of these recipes! I’d love t hear from you!