Why are you so tired?
Occasional fatigue and tiredness is a normal part of life, but when you implement self-care strategies, healthy eating, adequate rest, and exercise, there could be an underlying cause of your feeling so tired.
Everyone gets tired sometimes, and your endurance may decline with age, but you should never be too fatigued to enjoy an active lifestyle.
In this blog series, we’ve talked about simple things you can do to boost your energy, but when they fail ultimately, and before seeking out supplements, it’s best to do a little more digging in your own state of health.
Here are some possible underlying causes of low energy:
- Anemia. A drop in energy levels can be caused by too few red blood cells or not enough hemoglobin.
- Heart disease. If the heart isn’t pumping blood effectively, fluid can pool into the lungs and cause shortness of breath and make you feel tired.
- Thyroid problems. If the thyroid gland isn’t functioning properly, you can feel fatigued, among other problems such as weight gain, weakness, dry skin, feeling cold, and constipation.
- Sleep Apnea. People who snore may also have sleep apnea, which means they aren’t getting enough oxygen and awaken several times throughout the night, leaving them tired the next day. This condition is also brought on by excess weight.
- Low testosterone. As men age, testosterone decreases, and a significant decrease can cause a lack of energy, weight gain, and decreased motivation.
- Depression. A diagnosis of depression can cause low energy levels.
Most of the time, low energy levels can be improved by a healthy diet, adequate rest and exercise. Eating whole foods, less processed, fatty foods can make a significant impact on your energy levels.
Everyone deals with occasional fatigue and low energy. In most cases, this isn’t a cause for concern, but if your energy level doesn’t improve with diet, exercise, or better sleep habits, or if it worsens, see your doctor to rule out a more serious health problem.
Thank you for reading my blog about why you are so tired! If you’ve found value in this, please share!