Self-Care tips to Optimize Energy
The struggle to maintain your energy with the busyness of daily life is a real challenge that many of us face. A good place to start is with self-care. Once you take care of yourself, everything else falls into place. Optimize your energy level with these helpful tips:
- Sleep. Focus on establishing a good bedtime routine. If you are trying to lose or maintain your weight you must get sleep. Your body repairs itself and your brain recharges when you get adequate rest. Establish a good sleep schedule and it’s a definite game changer.
- Strengthen your immune system with healthy digestion. Try an elimination diet to determine what you may be sensitive to, drink more room temperature water to ensure adequate blood flow to the digestive system, eat more whole foods and less processed foods, and find some great supplements like fermented foods and probiotics.
- Try journaling for your emotional health. Writing down your thoughts is a good way to process your emotions. A gratitude journal, where you write down a few things you’re grateful for, can be helpful and centering.
- Enjoy time in nature. Take a walk in the park, or just spend some time in your own backyard.
- Pay it forward. By helping others, you are helping yourself, too. Volunteering is known to boost self-confidence, self-esteem, and general wellbeing.
- Aromatherapy. We know that breathing techniques can help with relaxation, but some research suggests that citrus scents, specifically orange essential oil—can help slash stress and anxiety.
- Laugh out loud. Laughter really is the best medicine. Watch a funny movie!
- De-clutter. When you have a clean space, it’s easier to focus, which can make you healthier and happier.
Thank you for reading my blog about Self-care tips to boost energy! If you’ve found some value, please share!
Duron, Alexandra. “25 Science-Backed Reasons to #Treatyoself.” Greatist. N.p., 20 Oct. 2016. Web. 20 June 2017.