Summertime! Part 1: Activities for Families
Where we live, schools are just letting out for the summer and everyone is planning trips and activities for the long and fun-filled summer days.
In this new series, I’ll be sharing some fun tips, activities, summer camp ideas, and summer safety tips to help make your summer great.
If you and your kids are bored with the same old library reading programs and trips to the splash pad, check out some of these fun activities that don’t involve screen time.
- Take a hike.
- Create a nature scavenger hunt.
- Visit our local nature center.
- Blow bubbles. (We did lots of this today!)
- Play hopscotch or one of your favorite childhood games. Duck, duck, goose, anyone?
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Play outside in the rain.
- Make a slip-n-slide in the backyard.
- If it’s too hot to play outside, have a dance party in the living room.
- Try a kids free workshop at Home Depot.
- Have a family game night.
- Have a backyard camp out.
- Make slime! Here’s how to make it without borax.
- Let the kids plan and make dinner.
- Go fishing.
- Make a homemade lemonade stand.
- Bake cookies and make ice cream sandwiches.
- Visit the local farmer’s market.
- Go canoeing at a lake.
- Even more fun, try stand-up paddleboarding!
- Go for a walk and then make a collage from nature objects you find along the way.
- Plant an herb and veggie garden.
- Have an outdoor painting party with large roll of paper or cardboard.
- Make a summer journal and document daily memories.
25. Investigate an ethnic grocery store and make lunch using interesting spices and kid-friendly international recipes.
Beat the boredom this summer with these ideas and stay tuned for more summer fun in the next part to this series. What are your favorite summer activities to do with kids? Share them in the comments! I appreciate your feedback. 😉
Thanks for reading! If you’ve found some value in this, please share!