Part 6: Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
A good breakfast is essential to having a great day!
Most of us know how important it is to have a nutritious breakfast, but some mornings are so rushed and crazy that we may not have time to make something healthy. A nutritious breakfast gives your body the fuel it needs to run well through the morning, so don’t skimp on this meal by having sugary or processed foods, or even worse–skipping breakfast altogether.
Here are some great quick and healthy recipes you can try!
- Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins–these are really yummy and can be made ahead of time so you can just grab and go! The banana flavor is pretty strong, so make sure you like the idea of chocolate and banana together!
- Zucchini, Red Pepper, & Sweet Potato Frittata–anytime you pair veggies and eggs together, it’s a winning combination! This can also be made the night before, or in a muffin tin for individual servings.
3. Egg White Breakfast Burrito–I usually omit the turkey bacon in this recipe, but it’s delicious either way. This can also be made on Sunday and frozen in individual servings for the week.
4. Plain Greek Yogurt with Fruit-I’m not talking about the ones with fruit added in, I’m talking about slicing your own fruit and maybe a tsp of honey. This will give you some control over the sugar content. Sometimes, I’ll add a tsp or so of walnuts, too.
5. Strawberry Sea Salt Shakeology-a little salty, a little sweet, a lot delicious! I personally like the vegan tropical strawberry Shakeology, but this is also a super fast breakfast packed with superfoods, and one of our favorites. The teenagers get their own servings, but the little kids get a 1/2 serving. You can learn more or purchase here.
6. Veggie Egg Muffins-these delicious muffins from Eat Yourself Skinny are awesome on-the-go!